From Bergen County, the recommended route should take approximately 5.5 – 6 hours travel time, depending on traffic and road conditions.
- Take Rt. 287 North to I-87 North (the New York Thruway).
- Take I-87 through Albany to Exit 24 (I-87 to Albany/Montreal, also known as the Northway).
- From I-87, take Exit 20 (Fort Ann/Whitehall).
- Follow Route 149 East to Route 4 North.
- Take Route 4 through Rutland (turns into Rt. 4 East) to Route 100 North.
- Take Route 100 North approximately 45 miles.
- Turn left onto Sugarbush Access Road.
- Go 2.5 miles and The Sugar Lodge will be on your left.